Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Message From The Registrar

Greetings fellow Racers!!!

As some of you may have heard, the Registration Team met this past Sunday at OCSC to update MotorSportReg.com as we are getting ready for the 2016 Race Season. Myself along with Andrew Surratt, Bruce MacDonald, Curtis Easterling, and Mary Shiloff worked hard to educate ourselves while updating and improving your MotorSportReg experience for this season. Driver's School and Track Package Registration, as well as Race #1 are up and running. I urge you to login into MotorSportReg.com and revisit your profile. There are some new features this year—super cool features that allow you to upload a profile picture and even a picture of your race car. Make sure you have your emergency contact listed as well as any pertinent medical information. This year we are asking for a paddock location so we know where you are during the race weekend if we need to get you important information from Timing/Scoring, Grid, or Tech. We are learning that MotorSportReg is a wonderful tool and database that will help and benefit both Registration and Membership. Curtis will use MSR to enter your WHRRI Membership status into your profile, and I will be using it to generate a Reserved Number Pool unique to WHRRI. I am updating the Reserved Number Form, and it will be posted soon. I also have big plans to bring back the Race Entrant list that will be stapled to the Weekend Race Schedule you get at Registration. I have learned how to use MSR for this process. So please update your profile so information about you, where you are from, your car, and your sponsors can be included on this Race Entrant List. I also plan to have copies at the Paddock Gate so spectators can "know our racers". With my rookie season as Registrar under my belt, I hope to continue to improve the Registration process for you racers. See you Friday in the tower for Race Weekend #1, May 14–15!

Suzy Tice, Registrar